Marriages take hard intentional work. Some times it is hard for people to know where their relationship is at. Below is a list of ways you can tell if your marriage needs a little work. There is no shame in this. Working on your marriage may be the best investment you have ever made.
Warning signs include:
- lack of communication about every day things
- drastically different spending habits
- not having had sex in a long time
- name calling
- lack of trust
- feelings of bitterness toward your spouse
- purposely hurting your spouse through passive aggressive behavior
- feeling as if you cannot be yourself around your spouse
- feeling unloved by your spouse
- disrespect your spouse privately or publicly
- feeling like you cannot communicate your feelings to your spouse
If your experiencing any of these symptoms it does not necessarily mean your relationship is over. It could just mean your relationship needs a little extra care. All relationships have high points and low points but being willing to work hard and be intentional about your marriage can get you through that low patch. Do not hesitate to ask for help when your marriage is struggling. Often times people do not seek help until they have already decided the relationship is over. Get help while you are still motivated to work.