Monday, May 7, 2012
10 Thoughts to Reduce Anxiety
Anxiety can be crippling. It often grows if you allow it to or do not intervene. The longer it goes the harder it is to intervene. Below is a list of list of words you can say to yourself to calm yourself down, in an attempt to break the cycle.
1. Things can get better. This is not the end of the world.
2. I am ok. There are other good things in my life that I can focus on.
3. I am capable and able. I am not a victim.
4. I can overcome this. I am strong.
5. I am safe now.
6. I am lovable.
7. It doesn't matter what people think of me. I am ok as is.
8. If my fear happens I can recover.
9. There are people that love me and support me no matter what.
10. I am adaptable.
At times you may need to repeat these sayings to yourself over and over before they sink in. Anxiety can be huge but if you are proactive there are things you can do to reduce it. Anxiety doesn't have to ruin your day or control your life. If managing anxiety on your own feels like too big of a task do not be afraid to seek help.
Objectives: Participants will gain an understanding of common comorbid diagnoses associated with Autism (ADHD, Depression, and ODD). Par...
Stress doesn’t always come out as an emotion. We often stuff the emotions and then it finds a way to surface elsewhere. Dealing with our s...
Saving a marriage that is on the rocks takes hard but intentional work. People often do not know where to start. The good news is this...